Sunday, March 3, 2019

Flashbacks

 Group: Artur, Alejandro, Dio

 So I've been researching the do's and dont's of flashbacks in films. Many articles highlight the same details, such as, "don't interrupt the film." or, "don't make them too repetitive." However, I think I found a great auricle that lists very helpful ideas and examples of great flashbacks (I'll put the link below if you want to check it out) that we can really benefit from. The article states that we must make sure that we don't interrupt the flow of the film, therefore, I want to make sure that we build up to the flashback and instead of interrupting the story, it creates it.
 
   I've been thinking about how we should cause the flashback, for example, in Casablanca, the character is sitting alone with music in the background when the camera zooms in to his face and into the flashback. Even though many films use this method of a couple of seconds of silence and then zooming into the face and into the flashback, I believe that we should take another route. I had the idea in class of someone saying something like,  "Can you hold this?" to the character, which would create a flashback of a similar question asked to him when at war, however, this was simply just an idea and no set plan has been decided on yet. I believe that we shouldn't use the traditional way because I think we can lead it into more by going the other way, however, we'll just have to wait and see.


Flashback examples article
Casablanca Flashback
Flashback suggestions article

No comments:

Post a Comment