Sunday, March 3, 2019

Location scouting

Group: Artur, Alejandro, Dio

  For this research, I have been looking into another film that uses a flashback to progress the story. In this case, It was Forrest Gump, the flashback is used on the bench scene bringing back Forrest to the doctors office when he was a young child. Even though the flashback was not related to war at all, it was very helpful to see. During the scene, leading up to the flashback, the camera angle shifts from a two-shot into a close up of Forrest's face. Forrest sequined and showed a face of fear while this was occurring. I believe that this was done in order to highlight the negative of these flashbacks. We want to make sure that our flashback highlights the negative and not the bad. Furthermore, we have more insight on the shot and the facial expressions that should be used leading up to the flashback.

 Furthermore, this film also gave us insight on location for our film. After watching a war scene during the film, I noticed that it was shot in something that seems like a jungle. I have been thinking and I think that I have two very goof locations that can be used as a filming location for our film. My first idea was Vista View Park, however, after thinking about it, I realized that there isn't many trees or bushy locations at that park. I believe that Markham park, however, would be absolutely perfect for what we want to accomplish. Markham Park has a section that is meant for wilderness walks and it can closely resemble a battery field. Because the battle scene will be pretty much the most important scene of the film, the location must be absolutely perfect and I think that Markham Park will be more than enough.


Flashback
Battle Scene

Markham Park, Weston, Fl.

No comments:

Post a Comment