Saturday, February 22, 2020

Research

So I've been doing research on documentaries, and have especially been reliant on notes I took earlier in the year. My notes were extensive, so they have been very helpful.  What I have learned for conventions for example, is that if I want to give off a sense of extreme realism, hand held camera would not be a bad idea. Hannah and I talked about this, and said that if we can manage to pull a shot like that off, it would look great for our documentary. As I had previously mentioned in my last post, we also agreed on indirect interviews.

What I have been really thinking about however is selective editing. I know how important editing is going to be for our final product, and I think that sounds and colors are really going to come into place here. We want to follow the tone of our documentary with the color saturation of the video. We also found crosscutting from one scene to another to be a good idea.

So what I can conclude from all of this research on my notes is the importance of good editing. we have to follow our tone throughout the editing process, and while that may be very difficult, we understand that it will make the final product that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment